Quality Assurance Technician I
Position: Quality Assurance Technician I
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Supervisor
A Quality Assurance Technician I is an advanced technical position, and the individual is expected to be able to understand all optical parameters specified on drawings or outlined in the EO Catalog. They will need to be able to inspect all incoming stock utilizing the tools/equipment in the QA lab. Through specific job training, the inspector shall perform their job within authorized EO inspection procedures and provide guidance to other Inspectors. They will be able to document new processes and procedures for use in QA.
- Perform fundamental inspections, including:
- Perform dimensional inspection of glass and metal products
- Inspections that require use of lab equipment such as the interferometer, spectrophotometer, sphereometer, etc.
- Read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
- Create data sheets for new products based on optical and mechanical drawings
- Document/Revise Work Instructions and Procedures IAW EO’s QMS
- Provide guidance in the absence of the QA Supervisor
- Lead and participate in Quality improvement teams throughout Operations
- Engage in continuous improvement projects
- Run various reports using Microsoft products or other software
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
- Familiar with the use of Calipers, Micrometers, Drop Indicators, good measurement practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Able to create Work Instructions and Processes
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work overtime as required
- Thorough understanding of the seriousness of accurate, honest, Quality Records
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- 6S and/or Continuous Improvement Experience
- Experience with Calibration of hand tools
- Experience/Knowledge of ISO 9001
Associate’s Degree/Technical Certification, or >2 years work experience in a Quality or manufacturing related field
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work performed in warehouse environment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.