I love interacting with EO’ Designers, customers and vendors. It is very fulfilling to be responsible for the imaging lenses, cameras and illumination that Edmund Optics offers and to identify parts that continue to move our product and technology forward. This process of keeping our offering up to date helps our customers to get the best products for their individual need and keeps us at the front of the machine vision technology curve.
Nicholas James is an Imaging Product Line Manager in Edmund Optics’ Barrington, NJ, USA office. He is responsible for new product identification and development. He really enjoys working with EO’s product designers on new lenses and EO vendors on the latest technologies. He also held the position of Applications Engineer, at the EO Barrington office located in Barrington, NJ, USA, providing customer support, which spurred his interest in imaging and machine vision. He received his BS in Optical Engineering from the University of Rochester located in Rochester, NY, USA.
My Biggest Accomplishment
Developing multiple new lines of Imaging Lenses, including TECHSPEC® CompactTL™ Telecentric Lenses and TECHSPEC® High Resolution Lenses for 1" and 4/3" Sensors.
- 10/2014 – "Playing to Type: Choosing the Right Class of Lens for Machine Vision" by Nicholas James – Industrial Photonics
- 01/2014 – "When to Consider Inline Illumination" by Nicholas James – Quality
- 05/2013 – "Imaging Lens" by Nicholas James – Vision and Sensors
- 03/2011 – "Flexible Imaging Lens Designs" by Nicholas James – Quality
- 08/2010 – "MULTISPECTRAL IMAGING: Imaging systems can benefit from reflective optics" by Nicholas James – Laser Focus World
- 06/2009 – "Sensor Standards Require Superior Optics" by Nicholas James – Vision and Sensors
- 07/2012 – "Q&A: Selection Lenses for Machine Vision Systems" Nicholas James, interviewed by: Vision and Sensors – Vision and Sensors