Assistant Facilities Manager
Position: Assistant Facilities Manager
Reports To: Facilities Manager
An Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible for the upkeep of building and mechanical systems, such as heating and cooling systems. Assistant Facilities Managers are expected to perform emergency repairs, which necessitates the ability to troubleshoot promptly. Assures that the utility systems are fully operational and inspected in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules and state/federal laws. Assists with preparing cost estimates for building renovations or space allocations and inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Assists with the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water, electric, and other systems to ensure efficient operation of these systems
- Maintenance of building (itself): roof, floors, walls, etc.
- Coordinates construction, remodeling, and repair jobs
- Maintenance and upkeep of building blueprints
- Assist with obtaining cost estimates, preparing reports, and making recommendations concerning procurement of outside contractors for specific projects
- Inspects all projects for conformance
- Represent EO with contractors
- Monitors housekeeping services including janitorial functions, maintenance of lawns and landscaping, snow and trash removal, maintenance painting, minor repairs, and related services
- Assist with monitoring building security, alarm system and respond to alarm calls
- Ensures adherence to security regulations and procedures in the protection of organization property from fire, theft, sabotage, riots or other situations which endanger the well-being of other employees or organization facilities
- Maintenance of all company equipment
- Repair, install, adjust or maintain building systems
- Complete written record of work performed
- Act as a liaison with local law enforcement and fire marshals
- Act as a liaison with the EO management team when the Facilities Manager is unavailable
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Participates in and/or leads department 6S activities
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill. And/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage projects to completion
- Ability to plan and schedule multiple projects
- Computer skills
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to act competently in emergencies
- Working knowledge of two or more building trades
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of general maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of building systems: Heating, AC, Plumbing
- Knowledge of building codes
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to make, contract, and create expense estimates for building repairs (boiler license a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- General reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Education and Experience:
Trade or vocational school completion preferred; licenses where required; two (2) or more years’ experience in building trades; HVAC maintenance experience.
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials, boxes or equipment (most tasks require no more than 60 lbs. lifting); position requires about 70% standing; ability to work in various environments including warehouse, office and outdoors.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.